Sunday, March 14, 2010

Taco Salad Dip

One of the things I love about gatherings is not just the food, but the opportunity to share that food and the recipes with friends and loved ones.  I firmly believe that all food tastes better when it's made with love, so maybe that's why I love snacky, chip-and-dippy kinds of foods at parties and showers.  It seems that almost everyone I know has a snack that they love to make and share, and that's exactly how I got ahold of this recipe.  

Source:  My friend, who I'll call "Criddles"

Ingredients:

8 oz. cream cheese, softened

12-16 oz. sour cream

1 packet of taco seasoning --(I opted for the lower-sodium variety, simply because of all the salt that will be eaten along with the chips served alongside the dip.)

1 8-oz. bag of shredded lettuce

1/2 package of grape tomatoes, cut in half

1-2 cups finely shredded cheese (I went for the "Taco/Nacho" blend, but I'm sure most flavors would do the trick).

1/2 bunch of green onions, chopped

Directions:

1.  Blend the cream cheese and sour cream.  Add taco seasoning to the mixture. 

2.  Chill cheese mixture.

3.  Spread chilled mixture into shallow serving dish. 

4.  Add shredded lettuce to top of mixture, then shredded cheese, then tomatoes, then green onions. 

5.  Serve with tortilla chips.

Verdict:

Good enough for dinner!

No comments:

Post a Comment