Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Roast Chicken with Rosemary


This recipe makes me happy in so many ways.   First off, it's delicious.  Second, it makes the whole house smell fantastic.  Third, when it comes out of the oven, for a brief moment I feel like a real cook! :) 


It looks like a picture-- well, at least it looks better in real life than it does in my crummy photo. No matter how many times I make it, it always makes me proud (and my husband happy!)



Adapted from allrecipes.com

Ingredients:

1 whole ("fryer") chicken

1 onion, quartered

Fresh Rosemary (several sprigs, chopped)

Olive Oil

Salt and Pepper, and Poultry Seasoning, to taste

Directions:

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

Rinse and pat dry a whole chicken.  Make sure nothing is in the cavity. Place bird in a shallow baking dish or roasting pan.

Stuff cavity with onion and rosemary

Drizzle a little bit of olive oil on chicken, rub all over (a little bit goes a LONG way!)

Season with salt, pepper, and poultry seasoning. 

Roast chicken for 20 minutes per pound or till juices run clear (use a meat thermometer to be exact)

Remove from oven and let stand for 5-10 minutes. 

1 comment: