Thursday, August 12, 2010

Black Bean Salsa




If you can scoop it, dip it, swirl it, or otherwise put it on a chip and eat it, I love it. 

So, after experiencing  a "Girl's Night In" with margaritas and this Black Bean Salsa, I had to get the recipe and try it myself.  For me, it's the perfect salsa-- because it's not spicy.  If I wanted to get adventurous, and knew that I'd have a heat-seeking audience, I could add some chopped jalapenos to the mixture...  but I prefer flavor to flaming heat, so this one is for me :) 

Source:  My friend who doesn't like to be identified online, so we'll call her "Kiki."  

Ingredients:

1 can black beans, drained and rinsed

1 can corn, drained (she said she sometimes uses the corn with red peppers mixed in, but I didn't for this version)

1 can of diced tomatoes (or one fresh tomato, chopped)

1 small red onion, chopped

1/4 c. lime juice

1 tsp. ground cumin

fresh cilantro (I used 5 sprigs, chopped... we'll see if I need to add more after I take it to the party!)  

Verdict:

Oh, it's a keeper-- and others thought so, too :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment